Toyo Tyre & Rubber Australia Limited, in keeping with its environmental goals, is committed to manage environmental matters as an integral part of its business to create and maintain a clean and healthy environment. The company has a clear commitment to fostering the sustainable use of the Earth's resources.
Toyo Tyre & Rubber Australia Limited strengthens this commitment by employing corporate environmental management system methodology, including the implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Management System (EMS) to meet ISO14001:2004 requirements, as the framework to guide all Australian operations.
In achieving this, Toyo Tyre & Rubber Australia Limited will :
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation and regulatory requirements,
- Review and continually improve our EMS, with the objective of improving our overall environmental performance,
- Seek to prevent pollution through a Prevention of Pollution Hierarchy before it is produced,
- Minimise negative impacts we may have on the environment through the efficient use of resources and recycling, thus reducing emissions and waste,
- Develop a framework for setting and reviewing our environmental objectives and targets.
- Provide regular monitoring and reporting against these indicators to all employees.
- Consider favourably suppliers that pursue good environmental management practices.
- Externally communicate openly and constructively with responsible environmental interests, government authorities, and the community in general,
- Promote a strong environmental ethic within the company, fostered through training, environmental activities and leadership, resulting in a strong environmentally aware business culture.
EPA Licence Pollution Monitoring Data
Toyo Tyre & Rubber Australia Limited has an EPA Environment Protection Licence (number 12824). The publishing of Pollution Monitoring Data for access by the general public is a recently introduced requirement of the Protection of the Environment Legislation Act 2011 (POELE Act).
In keeping with the requirements access can be found here to the Pollution Monitoring Data for Toyo Tyre & Rubber Australia Limited.
Pollution Incident Response Management Plan
A Pollution Incident Response Management Plan (PIRMP) has been developed for our 137-149 Airds Rd, Minto NSW 2566 premises to comply with the requirements introduced by the Protection of the Environment Legislation Amendment Act 2011 (NSW). Click here to access the document.